5/21/13

- DESIRE EP -


MeTLad aka Hamish Mathers from Sydney, Aus is about to drop "The Desire EP" under Wasteman Records.

Here's a taster!

Here's a little sum up of where MeTLad's experience has come from and how he feels about his new EP.

I started composing and writing music when I was about 16 during
high school years. Learning a musical instrument has really helped me in my musicology side of things as it enables me to create complex melodies and rhythms. I started to take notice of electronic dance music when I was at about this same age and fell in love with the deep sound of Datsik. During school I was wanted to work in music performance, and it was decided after I graduated that I would discontinue playing the Trombone and venture into the production of dubstep. 

This is EP is me showing everyone my best work so far. Trying to take things old school in the new. I really think that Dubstep has been hindered by the overuse of heavy growls and sequences. There's a minimalistic side with more focus on complex wobble rhythms and experimental sounds that I think really highlights what dubstep should really be known for. I'm heavily influenced by artists such as P0gman, Ponicz, Air Value and 50 Carrot. My recent signing to newly founded Wasteman Records featuring other artists such as Pacefalm, T.A.R and Jesta has really pushed me to lift my own personal bar in this crazy game I'm trying to play. There's so much talent out there that often never gets noticed.

My forthcoming EP 'Desire', due to be released on the 7th of June at Distortion, has taken me about 2-3 months to produce however this has been planned for ages. 

For further info on seeing the album launch + a bunch of other DJ's in Sydney head to the Facebook event HERE

No comments:

Powered by Textbook Widget